Workshops and Certification
The Idaho Society of Individual Psychology offers workshops throughout the year specifically in Adlerian Theory and related subjects. ISIP provides the highest quality workshops which provide “Continuing Education Credits” and accreditation for “Certification of Professional Studies in Adlerian Psychology.”
The Workshop Series consists of three individual two-day courses that can be taken in any order.
The workshop titles are:
Workshop 1: Adlerian Theory of Personality Development and Family Functioning
Workshop 2: Adlerian Psychotherapy
Workshop 3: Adlerian Family Therapy.
WHY are these trainings important to me?
- To increase your competence, effectiveness, and confidence by mastering and integrating the Adlerian Psychology model into your counseling, social work, therapy, psychology, or parent education practice.
- To be a part of a society of professionals that strives to better understand and encourage the best in humanity with all its flaws and its amazing powers.
- To study with experienced professionals who can help you develop a better understanding of yourself and others, and thereby increase your effectiveness as both a professional and as a person.
- To benefit from a valuable continuing education opportunity and gain CEU and graduate continuing education credit
- To CONNECT all of your Professional/Educational experiences to a Structured, Comprehensive & Effective MODEL of counseling and personal growth.
GRADUATES EARN A CERTIFICATE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES IN ADLERIAN PSYCHOLOGY
Course #101 Adlerian Theory of Personality and Development & Family Functioning
- Social Embeddedness
- Life Tasks
- Striving for superiority
- Gender Guiding Lines
- Inferiority Feelings and Inferiority Complex
- Community Feeling (Gemeinschaftsgefuhl)
- The Development of Lifestyle
- Family Atmosphere and Family Values
- Psychological Birth Order Vantage
To Understand the “Democratic Revolution” and its impact on all human relationships, including parent/child and family relationships.
Course #2 Adlerian Psychotherapy
- How Adlerian Theory applies to the practice of psychotherapy
- The four-phase model of Adlerian Psychotherapy
- The principles of the helping relationship “Adlerian Style”
- The central focus of Lifestyle Assessment (the Psychoclarity Process) including the ability to utilize a structured Lifestyle Assessment Interview guide and the Lifestyle summary
- Respectful approaches for creating insight
- The process and methods involved in facilitating reorientation in psychotherapy
Course #3 Adlerian Family Therapy
- Apply Adlerian Psychology concepts and principles in family therapy
- Understand the impact of the “Democratic Revolution” on contemporary family relationships
- Assess the parenting style/goals of misbehavior and support families in developing relationships based on mutual respect
- Incorporate Lifestyle Assessment into Family Therapy
- Learn creative Adlerian Psychology applications with younger children
Workshop Series Certification Requirements
- Complete the BASIC Professional Certification Series.
- One of the series courses is offered each spring and fall in each of the cities in the 1, 2, 3 order listed below.
- Adlerian Theory
- Adlerian Psychotherapy
- Adlerian Family Therapy
- This Series is offered in Boise, Lewiston, and Pocatello.
- The courses may be taken in any order.
- The courses may be taken as a continuing education opportunity without the intent of completing certification.
Upon completion of the Series and one ISIP Conference, the participant is awarded the:
Each Workshop Series Course
Cost: $195 (20% Discount offered for 3 or more registrants from the same agency).
Full-Time Student only $95
Classes are limited to space available.
All workshops are conducted on a Friday and Saturday, provide for 12 CE hours approved by NBCC, and present an opportunity for one Graduate Continuing Education Credit through Northwest Nazarene University. Classes limited to 40 participants.
The Series classes may be taken as a continuing education opportunity without the intent of completing certification.
Idaho Society of Individual Psychology is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for the events that meet NBCC requirements. ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Provider #: 6525