Make plans now to attend the ISIP Annual Conference on February 24th and 25th, 2023! The conference will be at the Riverside Hotel in Boise Idaho. We will also have the conference available through Zoom virtually.
“Adlerian Counseling: Modern Application”
This year we are planning some exciting opportunities for our annual conference. We are planning to offer this conference both in person at the Riverside Hotel in Boise Idaho and Virtually online via the Zoom platform. During registration participants will select whether they are attending in-person or virtually through Zoom. All participants will receive the information needed to attend virtually in case a situation arises that they cannot travel to the conference.
Mental health practitioners face a variety of unique challenges in their work with clients. From navigating telehealth to utilizing the recently published DSM-5-TR– practitioners are expected to manage these challenges with proficiency among diverse populations. This conference will examine modern applications of Adlerian counseling and will review and demonstrate Adlerian lifestyle assessment, Adlerian case conceptualization, as well as trauma-informed Adlerian counseling strategies. Sperry will discuss therapeutic integration and will also discuss a teleological (Adlerian) interpretation of disorders included in the DSM-5-TR. Conference attendees will observe demonstrations and learn modern ways to apply Adlerian Counseling techniques into their current practice that will help them work with clients.
Learning Objectives: At the end of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Explain and apply Lifestyle Assessment and Adlerian case conceptualization.
- Understand methods to foster social interest and wellness among groups and communities.
- Understand a Teleological (Adlerian) interpretation of disorders included in the DSM-5-TR and learn 15 updates from the recently published DSM-5-TR.
- Explain and apply Trauma-informed principles in an Adlerian psychology framework.
- Understand modern Adlerian counseling interventions and methods for integrating other therapeutic models.
*Idaho Society of Individual Psychology is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for the events that meet NBCC requirements. ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Provider #: 6525